Hey guys! Though I would share with you all one of my favourite banana bread/cake recipe which I literally made so many times that I basically know the recipe all too well! Even after making it so many times I still cannot decide wether it is a bread or a cake, since it is as healthy as a bread is meant to be but taste sooooo good like a cake! Haha
It is a great breakfast idea for those morning if you are in a rush. I would mostly make this on the weekend as I sadly have time on weekday mornings to even whip up a quick breakfast, cause who would want those extra minutes in that warm cozy bed.
- 2-3 medium banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of banking powered
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- dash of milk (if mixture is too thick)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170℃
- Mash the bananas in a bowl (doesn’t have to be perfectly mashed, you can leave a few chunks if you like)
- Add the eggs, butter, honey and vanilla extract and mix them together
- Then slowly add in the flour, baking power and cinnamon
- If the mixture gets too thick, then just add a bit of milk to make it slightly smoother in consistency
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the batter in. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the top and swirl it gently using a stick and top it off lastly with a few crushed walnuts.
- Then just pop it in the oven for about 1h (adjust according to your oven) for 170℃
- Once done, let it cool on a wired tray before serving
Cinnamon is totally optional in this recipe, as it just adds a bit of kick to it especially to make it a great breakfast. If you plan to make it without cinnamon, it can even be a great dessert treat if served with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream.
Out of honey? Swap it out with sugar if u really have to. Out of whole wheat flour? Swap it out with regular flour. Out of olive oil? Swap it for butter. (Sadly this would make the bread/cake slightly unhealthier but it still tastes as great!)
Hope you enjoy baking! 🍰